Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Midwest Tour scheduled!

My Midwest tour is now scheduled! I am very excited about every venue. It will be good to return to the homeland. Here are the dates and venues:

Wednesday, October 13
1951 W. Dickens Avenue
Chicago, IL
7 PM

Thursday, October 14
Locations TBA
Q&A 4 PM
Reading 7:30 PM

Friday, October 15
Von's Books
315 W. State St.
W. Lafayette, IN
7 PM

Saturday, October 16
408 E. 6th St.
Bloomington, IN
7 PM

Tuesday, October 19
15 S. Dubuque St.
Iowa City, IA
7 PM

Thank you to my friends who know people (Marc! and Dad! and Joel--thanks for knowing yourself!) and Sarabande for helping me put this together. It's the perfect tour for me: tiny and comforting. Besides reading, here are some things I can't wait to do:

-Drink some great beer at Danny's! and hang out with Joel
-Go to Quimby's, Myopic Books, and Earwax in Chicago (is Earwax still there?)
-See my parents and walk the dog in the woods
-See the beautiful fall colors in Southern IN (yes, we have trees there too!)
-Meet the Purdue MFAs
-Go to Soma in Bloomington and get a PB&J smoothie
-Go to my old B-town neighborhood and sit on Julia's porch and pet her dogs
-And in dear Iowa City: go to EPB (English/Philosophy Building) and feel the memories.
Also: Hamburg Inn, the Foxhead, George's, and the Deadwood. Stare in sadness at the place Great Mid used to be. And most importantly, see my friends!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry I didn't know you were coming to Bloomington in October! We would have loved to see you and hear your reading. We are so excited to hear about your book and achievements. Much love from Howe Street. Susan

    ReplyDelete