Monday, April 8, 2013


Titular

Not a Buddhist, exactly, but there’s
a blue chair inside me and its former
occupant is strolling the grounds,
lost to orderlies and prefects alike.
There’s a light rain starting, new magnolias,
a robe that could be a nun suit or a
johnny, grass sharp if she wears no
sandals. Of course there’s a difference
between craziness and enlightenment, but
history does not give us these examples.

Sometimes, pacing my rooms and lost
in a fantasy about human possibility,
I leave in a trance, go to my car
and drive with music on, and am only
brought back when I finally hear
the voices of strangers: petty, normal,
talking about money or housing.
By a pond I recognize the panic of birds
and the frog floating dead is my language.
Beside myself I try to save myself.
I do it by scarf or needle, pulled from
a world or a part of one, a paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment