Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reading in Cambridge July 24: Save Big Money At Menard's!

Hi everyone,

I will be reading with Nate Pritts and Francesca Chabrier on Saturday, July 24 at the Pierre Menard Gallery in Harvard Square, 7 PM. If you are from Indiana, your associations with this gallery name may conjure up images of two by fours and bathroom fixtures, but the space is pretty much the opposite of Menard's. It is beautiful and I'm really psyched to read there, especially with two other cool poets! And yeah, it's free (unless you want to buy another book). Here is a link to another blog with more info about the reading:


Brian Foley is the curator of this series and I'm very happy that's he's around; he's a great poet and this series is probably the best one in Boston: excellent poetry and always very well-attended.

In other book tour news, I just found out that I will be doing a signing or reading at Von's Books in my hometown of West Lafayette, IN. That will happen on October 15. I spent most of my meager earnings from summer jobs in my dad's lab at this store (I'd like to say on poetry but it was mainly Morrissey posters and import CDs) so they kind of owe me, you know? Seriously, I am very excited to be signing there, as they are a great bookstore with a pretty amazing poetry section. Anyway, I hope to see you if you care to brave the Village on a Saturday night! We'll go to Harry's after.

Also, I don't have a date yet, but I'll be reading at Boxcar Books in Bloomington around that time. I love this store and can't wait to read there! I hope my Bloomington people can be there! I may also ask to sleep on one of your couches that night if you have a spare.

Hope you are enjoying summer! Love, Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment